Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Price check please.

On 24/02/2013 13:36, A.Lee wrote:
Me and my builder mate have just priced up a job.
Currently it is a bare shell, a single pipe of cold water coming into
the house.
To be supplied and fitted: a very basic kitchen, comprising sink, 2
units and 3 metre worktop, outlet for washing machine.
Upstairs, there is no bathroom, so a bedroom is being divided up with a
stud wall, a shower, bog and sink being fitted.
No holes in walls, so sewer pipe has to go through walls etc. and water
supply taken up through floor.
Rewire. Currently just 4 sockets in the house. Dead easy job, 3 rooms
upstairs, 2 down, nothing fancy included, just supplies for 2 storage
heaters, shower, and instant water heater in kitchen and bathroom, and 8
or so socket outlets.

We've worked it out, and can do it in 10 man days pretty easily.

Total inc. supplying everything above - £3350.

That is too much apparently.

I thought it was incredibly cheap. We were budgeting on £150/day each,
and put 5.5 days down.

Any thoughts?

It is cheap. Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity.