Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Price check please.

On 24/02/2013 14:09, John Rumm wrote:
On 24/02/2013 14:04, ss wrote:
On 24/02/2013 13:44, John Rumm wrote:
On 24/02/2013 13:36, A.Lee wrote:
Me and my builder mate have just priced up a job.
Currently it is a bare shell, a single pipe of cold water coming into
the house.
To be supplied and fitted: a very basic kitchen, comprising sink, 2
units and 3 metre worktop, outlet for washing machine.
Upstairs, there is no bathroom, so a bedroom is being divided up with a
stud wall, a shower, bog and sink being fitted.
No holes in walls, so sewer pipe has to go through walls etc. and water
supply taken up through floor.
Rewire. Currently just 4 sockets in the house. Dead easy job, 3 rooms
upstairs, 2 down, nothing fancy included, just supplies for 2 storage
heaters, shower, and instant water heater in kitchen and bathroom,
and 8
or so socket outlets.

We've worked it out, and can do it in 10 man days pretty easily.

Total inc. supplying everything above - £3350.

That is too much apparently.

I thought it was incredibly cheap. We were budgeting on £150/day each,
and put 5.5 days down.

Any thoughts?

Tell them that is your best price, and the quote is good for 30 days,
and then walk away...

They will be working on the basis that no matter what the price you can
always take a bit more off...Dont budge, thats a very good price. Give
them the 30 days good, I doubt if they will better that.

Indeed, and if someone is prepared to do it for less, then let them -
sounds like they probably deserve each other!

Absolutely. Hell, are you anywhere near Gloucestershire?

:-)