Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe gwinn Joe gwinn is offline

Default Vacuum cleaner principles

In article , Steve B

. 3.70...
Karl Townsend fired this volley in
:

don't reinvent the wheel. Use a centrifical separator. I have a 7.5
horse vacuum for a shop with this ahead of the motor/vacuum assembly.

Karl, don't you re-invent the wheel.

Richard, instead of cooking up hair-brained ideas about passing full-
sized tree nuts throught the blades of a high-speed centrifugal fan, why
not consider looking up how nut shelling equipment actually works.
Likely, any decent-sized college with an agricultural program should have
some books on the subject. You'll probably find a lot of stuff excerpted
on the web.

It's kind of useless diving into a project, planning to use a vacuum
cleaner to do a job, and not even understanding how a vacuum cleaner
works!

Lloyd

There is a lot of information pecan processing machinery, but most of it
is proprietary, and I have yet to find any with diagrams of the inner
workings. Vacuuming and shelling and cleaning have nothing to do with each
other, and work on entirely different principles. They cost in the $15,000
range for nonmechanical people.

I would take the names of the main manufacturers, and do a patent
search using the Google Patents search engine. By now, all the basic
patents have long expired, the older patents will likely be simple
enough for you to cobble together.

Joe Gwinn