Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Allowance for anodizing

On Feb 22, 10:35*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
I have some Aluminum parts, 7075 T6, for machining and will anodize at home
using the sulfuric acid / battery charger method, or a variation. *For the
tight tolerance parts, do I need to machine, ream, oversize to allow for the
anodizing? *If so, how much? *I've seen recommendations of .001"-.002" per
surface, is that about right? *For example, one of the hole sizes in the
drawing is .251" +/- .001, the instructions by others that have built these
parts say to use a .251 reamer, so that's what I bought. *But now reading
the anodizing info I'm wondering if I need to ream to .253 or so?

RogerN

http://www.anoplate.com/finishes/anodizing.html