Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Vacuum cleaner principles

I am going to go out and start vacuuming pecans this coming week. I guess I
have about six 55 gallon barrels worth lined up.

I have a 2.2hp 2.5" shop vac now, but want to make something that will do
more than one thing at a time. Right now, this picks up everything, and I
have one more step to separate the hulls. I'd like to leave them on scene,
unless the homeowner wants them cleaned up, for a fee.

Mainly, I only want to transport whole nuts, and as little hulls and other
trash as possible. For this, I have figured out some screens and filters.

I want to vacuum up the nuts in their hulls, plus the hulls, and have only
the pecans make it to the bed of the truck, and into a box. How would I rig
up a vacuum so that the hard pieces do not go through the vanes of the
vacuum?

I want to keep this very simple, so that I only have a vacuum hose, and a
holding box, and the ability to keep all other trash out. Anyone know of
any diagrams or sites where this is addressed?

I got ahead of myself. I put out an ad to see if anyone wanted any pecans,
and yes, they do. A LOT of people. But I had to go to Vegas for a few days
and do some real estate stuff, and therefore .............

So, I was thinking today as I drove, and now want to cobble together some
things until I get a machine running smoothly. I kept coming up with
"stuff", then kept remembering that I really want to keep it simple, and if
I can find a way to do this through diverting simple vacuum hoses, that
would do the trick, as far as collecting goes.

Help appreciated.

Steve