Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Tool

On 2/22/2013 5:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:12:28 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/22/2013 4:05 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:00:28 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Many old school carpenters tie the blade guard back on the power saws
they use.

One got 700 stitches in his leg near his hip doing that. It took
three or more men to get him off the roof, circa 1960's

But the idiots keep doing it. The last Skill circular saw I owned had a
feature I liked because I could press a lever that would retract the
blade guard but only when the saw was securely in your grip. ^_^

TDD

Dad would lift the guard an inch or so. Starting his cut and release
the blade guard. Simple. Still have protection.

That's an common technique required for certain types of cuts, especially
plunge cuts.

I agree but Billy Bob the carpenter would tie the guard back and
depending on how much he'd had to drink that morning would forget
and set the saw down while the blade was still spinning and the saw
would take off like a jackrabbit across the job site. O_o

TDD