Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default a second-hand fridge

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:21:19 +0000, nestork
wrote:

Personally, if I were talking to someone about buying their old fridge
or freezer, I would tell them to plug it in on Tuesday or Wednesday with
a plastic glass of water in the freezer compartment and a pound of
butter in the fresh food compartment. Then I'd come down on Saturday or
Sunday after the fridge had been running for 2 or 3 days to check that
the water is ice and the butter is fairly hard. That's not an
unreasonable request for anyone who's buying a used fridge to ask of the
seller. And, if the fridge does work OK, the seller will be happy to
comply.

Good points. If I were selling a fridge I would do that without the
buyer having to suggest it to me. Maybe I'm an odd one ;-|