Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:46:14 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jon Anderson wrote:

On 2/21/2013 10:48 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I fondly remember the first time I saw an In-N-Out Burger bumper
sticker. They had removed the "b" and "r" in burger.

Closest In-N-Out is 20-some miles away. I never saw the sign on the rare
occasions when I did drive by it, as it's right where I'd get on I-80
and I was generally preoccupied with twits trying to merge into the on
ramp lane at the last second. Wasn't until a friend told me about it
that I finally noticed where it was and quickly realized where those
bumper stickers were coming from. lol...

It looks like the nearest is about a thousand miles from me. When I
want a good burger, I have to fix it myself.

They're pretty good burgers. Hopefully now that the founders are out
of the picture they might consider expanding to other centers.

Florida is about as far from their headquarters as you can get, and
they are in 10% of the states right now.

A lot of burger chains come & go around here, and some franchises
have closed their doors in under six months.

The latest was a Fuddruckers. The place was open a few months, and
has been boarded up ever since. It was a new, freestanding building
less than a block from a Wlamart, so there was plenty of traffic past
the place. They were about to open the first time I saw it, and closed a
couple months later when I was back in the Ocala area.

http://www.fuddruckers.com/findus/in....php?m=florida

The Hooter's on Ocala went bankrupt, and they are in the parking lot
of the Home Depot.