Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Tool

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:19:47 -0800 (PST), rlz
wrote:

On Feb 22, 7:21*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Well, new to me, anyway. Probably just ignored previous notice because of
the prices.

In Harbor Freight's circular promoting their Sidewalk Sale March 8-10, they
have:

12" Sliding, Compound, DOUBLE-BEVEL Miter Saw (with laser guide). Regular
price: $199.99, web sale price: $169.99, Sidewalk Sale price $119.99!

What's different from a regular or sliding miter saw is, when looking
straight at it (not down), the blade will rotate 45d clockwise and
counter-clockwise. Check the small pictures at:

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-doub...mpound-miter-s...

Competitor's offerings are in the $400-$600 range (DeWalt $399, Bosch $539,
Craftsman $599, Northern Tool $399, Jet $739)

I just looked at the reviews listed on the site, It says that there
is no blade brake. I'm not sure if I would buy one for that reason.
I'm used to sticking my hand down there pretty quick. No brake may
mean getting my hand cut.

I can't see the ad but my 10" HF has a blade guard. The brake isn't so
important. The HF saw is good enough for building the shed out back
but for woodworking, not so much. You really can't compare a $100 HF
saw to a $500 Bosch (and $600 for a Crapsman is *nuts*).