Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Tool

On 2/22/2013 10:19 AM, rlz wrote:
On Feb 22, 7:21 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Well, new to me, anyway. Probably just ignored previous notice because of
the prices.

In Harbor Freight's circular promoting their Sidewalk Sale March 8-10, they
have:

12" Sliding, Compound, DOUBLE-BEVEL Miter Saw (with laser guide). Regular
price: $199.99, web sale price: $169.99, Sidewalk Sale price $119.99!

What's different from a regular or sliding miter saw is, when looking
straight at it (not down), the blade will rotate 45d clockwise and
counter-clockwise. Check the small pictures at:

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-doub...mpound-miter-s...

Competitor's offerings are in the $400-$600 range (DeWalt $399, Bosch $539,
Craftsman $599, Northern Tool $399, Jet $739)

I just looked at the reviews listed on the site, It says that there
is no blade brake. I'm not sure if I would buy one for that reason.
I'm used to sticking my hand down there pretty quick. No brake may
mean getting my hand cut.

Many old school carpenters tie the blade guard back on the power saws
they use. When I worked as an electrician on construction sites, one
of my jobs was repairing the sliced power cords on the power saws. I
let the medics take care of cut dumb asses. ^_^

TDD