Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:30:14 PM UTC, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:53:17 +0000, Mark wrote:

I agree there are some sites that are trustworthy. However, take NHS

direct, for example. It is so dumbed down and simplified it's pretty

much useless IMHO.

By heck it is. I don't look at it very often, if at all, but some one

posted a link elsewhere. That page was awful, any word that was even

vaugely "difficult" had a simple explanation in brackets after it. Things

like "incision (small cut)". Made reading the information very much

harder that it should be.

Makes you wonder why they use the word incison rather than small cut, any ideas ?

This a web page FFS! Link the "difficult" words to a glossary entry or is

clicking a word to "difficult" as well? If so have a the text that would

be in the brackets appear in a float over box. Don't disrupt the flow of

the text.

Maybe it's because difernt browswers show things in slightly differtn ways.

--

Cheers

Dave.