Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On Feb 21, 5:30*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:53:17 +0000, Mark wrote:
I agree there are some sites that are trustworthy. *However, take NHS
direct, for example. *It is so dumbed down and simplified it's pretty
much useless IMHO.

By heck it is. I don't look at it very often, if at all, but some one
posted a link elsewhere. That page was awful, any word that was even
vaugely "difficult" had a simple explanation in brackets after it. Things
like "incision (small cut)". Made reading the information very much
harder that it should be.

This a web page FFS! Link the "difficult" words to a glossary entry or is
clicking a word to "difficult" as well? If so have a the text that would
be in the brackets appear in a float over box. Don't disrupt the flow of
the text.

--
Cheers
Dave.

People are pretty stupid these days. Eg, the Huhn business jury.