Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Microwave

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:17:30 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 18:12:37 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 20:30:11 -0800, Oren wrote:

snip

Pink, though, not red. The fat has to be converted.

Every tried "blackened steak"? Cajun style, fast seared in a black
cast iron skillet - don't do it in house but outside on a gas burner.

Cajun is a lot more than that, no? I love it, like that, with a ton
of black pepper.

Spicy, yes. I use salt and pepper - just me.

I haven't added salt to any food for over thirty years. No need.
Most is too salty already.

I cook all my meats outside, best is in a smoker. A standing rib roast
makes you want to run outside, slam the door and run around the house
g.

I don't cook. When I was living by myself last year (in the process of
a move) I survived on pot pies, frozen pizza, and fish sticks. :-( I
did go home for the weekend.

My cooking is pretty much sequestered to the outside. If I cook in the
kitchen -- "everybody get out".

I'm leaving, already! Just let me get my drink out of the 'fridge and
I'll get back to the game! sheesh!

When I make a smoked turkey my bride gets all giggly. Now I have to
make one every year for her Christmas party for the girls in her card
group.

I thought about buying a smoker.

I own 4 smokers:

Newest (Nov '12 big discount price) is a Masterbuit 32" electric (new
learning curve). Made a fine prime rib roast recently.

Oldest (26 years of age) SS by MECO - cooked on it all these years,
Turkeys every year and so on. Best I've had. ( a water smoker)

Two others from Bass Pro - okay, but not what I prefer like the MECO

Temperatures outside means cooking times vary. Electric keeps it
constant.