Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default "Measure once... and you may have to cut a bunch."

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 23:20:53 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 04:46:27 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

I got a new fridge (new for us), and am quite pleased. Unloaded it into the
garage, cleaned the inside, and plugged it in. Runs like a champ.

Now it's time to swap out the 25-year old machine for its replacement.

Oops.

The old machine is snuggled quite tightly between the sink and the pantry
wall, some 30 inches.

The new machine is 33" wide!

Moan.

Looks my only palatable solution is to cut down the pantry wall! Remove 1/2"
of sheetrock and gnaw into the 2x4s by, oh, three inches.

Don't cha hate when that happens.

I cut it three times and its still to short.

Measure with a micrometer.
Mark with chalk.
Cut with an ax.

Dang it! I cut the wrong end, again.