Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Second Ammendment Question

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 06:11:56 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Feb 21, 8:46*am, Ed Huntress wrote:

I do not understand your comment about contraranism. *I was just
pointing out that one item in the poll seems wrong.

G! Dan, this is not a criticism, only a comment upon your style of
questioning. You are a natural contrarian, always looking for the most
minute possibilities that some statement is wrong, and blowing it up
to give it a false equivalence with greater likelihoods.

That's a useful function. There are companies that pay people to do
just that kind of thing. d8-)

Ed Huntress

I do not look for things that might be wrong,

Uh, I think you're doing that now.

But there are a lot of
things that are " intuitively obvious to the most casual observer ".

But you're the one who always brings them up.

And I do not blow things up. Just point out the things that look
wrong. Normally with no denigrating remarks.

On that last point, I know. That's why we all find you endearing. d8-)

Certainly I have not
ever said that one incorrect item invalidates that entire discussion.

Well, you may not think so, but you do give that impression sometimes.

For example in this case, I just pointed out that one statement in
the poll seems odd.

Yes, that's correct. I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to my
surprise that you didn't question something else, because I've come to
expect you to do so.

--
Ed Huntress

Dan