Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Anyone help with laser printer and refilling toner

On 21/02/2013 19:22, ss wrote:
I just acquired this printer from a friend as I was hacked off with the
cost of ink jet carts. I knew it was low on toner but it was working
fine, anyhow I bought toner and refilled it expecting I may have to
reset it.
However when I press print the sheet goes part way into the printer and
stops, there are no error messages (its a samsung ML2240) and the
warning light for a paper jam comes on. I have checked everything and no
paper jam evident.
Could this be what happens after refilling a cartridge and it needs a
reset. I dont want to mess too much (yet) as I have never had a laser
printer before and its new territory. Tried google but not much info.

Everything was ok up to the point I refilled the toner.

My guess is that you have either not put the cartridge back in correctly
or you have not assembled the cartridge correctly after refilling it.