Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

Mark wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Mark wrote
alan wrote
polygonum wrote

One of the very significant effects of the internet is that patients
are now able to look things up and check them out in ways never
previously viable.

And find that in the USA commonalty available substances
such as iodine and silver will cure all know serious diseases
and medical conditions so there is no need to go to the doctor.

Don't forget the miracle cures, herbal remedies and homeopathic
'medicine'.

Looking on the Internet for medical informaion,
IMHO, is usally a bad idea.

Bull****.

Some sites are obviously fake but others are harder to tell.

Not if you have enough of a clue to work out which claims
are substantiated with proper double blind trials etc.

So, if a site claimed there were proper trials
done, then you would automatically believe it?

Nope, just look at the PubMed and see if its true.

However you are free to buy your magic beans if you wish.

I don't buy anything from any web site. I check the research
and buy them at my local pharmacy, because it normally
requires a prescription for anything that matters.

And I would obviously discuss it with my cardiologist and
GP who has the same medical condition I have and who is
doing the same checks that I am doing using the net too.

That's what I did when the other fool of a GP was absolutely
sure that I had pancreatitis even tho there is a very specific
blood test for that which was negative in my case. Turned
out that the problem was just gallstones in fact.

Its what I did with Pantoprazole Sodium Sesquihydrate
when there is some controversy about how useful it is too.