Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT Online vendors want my phone number. DO NOT CALL?

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:15:11 -0500, Frank
wrote:

On 2/20/2013 7:07 PM, dpb wrote:
On 2/20/2013 5:34 PM, micky wrote:

So I'm thinking they want this to get around the Do Not Call list.

If you do business with them, that already gets them around it.

As much (or more than anything else) it's for the delivery folks--at
least FedEx, etc., will call if there's a foulup on address; have had it
more than once.

--

I don't mind giving mine out. It's listed and I even have it in my
websites. Vendors I deal with have not been bothering me.

However, the DNC thing has been violated with impunity.
I think every one is familiar with Heather from Account Services

I didn't get her name, but I've dealt with the company several times.
Once I asked her how I can trust the company, since it's already
breaking the law by calling me. After going around on that a couple
times, I think she said "F--k you" and I know she hung up

Since then -- assuming I'm thinking about the right company -- I've
learned that they're not very interested in you if you owe 3000
dollars to 3 credit card companies, but if you owe it to only one
company that they are int erested in. But I don't know t he account
number or something by heart and I have to go look for it, every time,
and I never manage to come back. The last time it took her about 5
minutes before she hung up on me. If even 10% of us did that, I've
read that they couldn't make any money and woudl stop calling.

Why hasn't the govt. been after them? And maybe one other place.

They can sequester all the money they want, but if they lower
enforcement of the do not call list, I'll complain big time. First
things first.