Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Microwave

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 20:30:11 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 23:06:44 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:08:14 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:29:54 -0500,
wrote:

Huh? Beef is intended to have its horns cut off, ass wiped and
delivered on a plate. Red meat, caveman style!

You sound like SWMBO. As long as it's not mooing, it's perfect for
her. I prefer it at least warmed enough so the grease runs off.

My bride is just the opposite. Overdone in my view and a waste of beef
- what's for dinner!

Cow should be served charred on the outside and warm pink on the
inside. ;-)

You betcha. The pinker the better.

Pink, though, not red. The fat has to be converted.

Every tried "blackened steak"? Cajun style, fast seared in a black
cast iron skillet - don't do it in house but outside on a gas burner.

Cajun is a lot more than that, no? I love it, like that, with a ton
of black pepper.

I cook all my meats outside, best is in a smoker. A standing rib roast
makes you want to run outside, slam the door and run around the house
g.

I don't cook. When I was living by myself last year (in the process of
a move) I survived on pot pies, frozen pizza, and fish sticks. :-( I
did go home for the weekend.

When I make a smoked turkey my bride gets all giggly. Now I have to
make one every year for her Christmas party for the girls in her card
group.

I thought about buying a smoker.

http://cookeatshare.com/recipes/blackened-ribeye-steaks-42

Not fond of ribeyes. I'd much rather have a NY strip or even just a
sirloin.

I prefer Emeril's steak seasoning from the local market.

My wife buys seasonings from Williams Sonoma. It's pretty good but
they seem to get tired of carrying some stuff and have to change it.