Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default [OT] Second Ammendment Question

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 18:11:07 -0500, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 2/5/2013 1:33 AM, Gunner wrote:
I have a rather nice library of history books. Most of which indicate
you are senile.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...96864834567058

Shrug

Gunner

Arguing with an anti-gun liberal is rather pointless, they will never
get it. Ed once told me I was crazy when I said that Christians will be
persecuted and mass murdered in the Middle East Later he didn't
remember such statements.

No, I didn't say any such thing. What you repeated a few days ago is
that you had said they were going to be "rounded up." I don't recall
responding to that, but in any case, they haven't been "rounded up."

In the same way he opposes the NRA and the 2nd "A". He just doesn't get
it. And, those of us that do get it are "NRA gun nuts". Funny, the
statistics for NRA members committing a gun related crime are
practically non-existent. Yet the NRA is the big bad guy in all this
****. What a bunch of stupid liberals! They should stick to what the
definition of "is" is.

Tom, all of that is bull****. Here's what you don't "get":

54% of gun owners in America want to ban semi-automatic firearms

60% of gun owners want a federal database to track gun sales

85% of gun owners want background checks for private sales and for all
sales at gun shows

49% of gun owners want a ban on high-capacity magazines.

http://www.people-press.org/2013/01/...ority-support/

A Fox News poll shows that 91% of respondants favor laws "Requiring
criminal background checks on all gun buyers, including those buying
at gun shows and private sales"

The same Fox poll shows that 80% of respondants favor laws "Requiring
criminal background checks on anyone buying bullets and ammunition"

The same Fox poll shows that 56% of respondants favor laws "Banning
high-capacity ammunition clips that can shoot dozens of bullets
without stopping to reload"

The same Fox poll shows that 54% favor laws "Banning assault rifles
and semi-automatic weapons"

52% of those Fox News poll respondants live in a household in which
guns are owned.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...d-gun-control/

You'd better get out of this echo chamber and look around, bud. This
is serious business. Meanwhile, you, Gunner, Larry and the rest of the
gun nutz boyz are patting yourselves on the backs, as if you know that
everyone thinks like you do and that everything is just hunky-dory.

You're blowing smoke up each other's ass.

--
Ed Huntress