Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Ebay funny of the day

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 12:17:56 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 13:28:58 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 09:20:57 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:29:42 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:34:56 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:52:28 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

"If you never need it for self defense" is a false assumption
supporting a false conclusion.

Jim, you're arguing the 2nd, not the words in that silly quip. It's
the quip that I said was mindless.

All it says is that you won't need the 2nd until someone tries to take
it away. It doesn't say anything about any USE. It says, in so many
words, you won't need it.

Look at it again:

"The beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed
until they try to take it. --Thomas Jefferson"

"It won't be needed until..." Gee, I thought the idea was that was a
PURPOSE to having it, like, as you say, defending yourself, or
whatever you think you need a gun for. That quip says you don't need
it unless someone tries to take it away.

As I pointed out many posts ago, that makes no sense. What we have
there is someone who's a little dim, who thought he had a clever play
on words going for him, but who didn't think about the meaning of what
he wrote. It sure as hell wasn't Thomas Jefferson. g

--
Ed Huntress

Ed forgets that Self Defense is a human right. Yet it took the 2nd
Amendment to give teeth and tail to defending against an out of
control government.

I forget nothing of the kind. I'm just remarking about the mindless
drivel Larry attributes to Jefferson.

Note that he did it again, even after I provided a link to the
Jefferson scholars' Monticello site, which says it's spurious.

That's a man who really doesn't give a damn about the truth. It's all
about whatever he makes up between his ears.

Which is why the saying works.

Only in your dreams.

So why do the majority of those responding to you indicate it is a
good statement, no matter the source?

Because they're gun nutz -- a little vague in their thinking, not too
careful with words, and given to cheering for stupid sayings that ring
their chimes.

That's the difference between pro-gun, pro-2nd Amenndment gun
enthusiasts, and gun nutz.

Ah..another bigot and biased Lefty heard from.

???

I'm "biased" against the drivel posted by nutz.

You really need to go for regrooving. It would improve your
presonality 100% and Id also suggest relocating out of the Blue Morass
you inhabit. Perhaps move to Texas or somewhere they appreciate bags
of hot air?

They have plenty of hot air, and with the people they've elected to
Congress, and the hot air they brought with them, it looks like
they're going to float the halls of Congress into the stratosphere.

Like this laugher: "How out of control has the Chuck Hagel opposition
become? A Daily News reporter says he posed a sarcastic question to a
GOP aide of whether Hagel took money from any groups like “Friends of
Hamas,” an over-the-top, non-existent group, and the next thing he
knew it was a headline on a conservative website."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...t-it-down?lite

Ted Cruz is doing his best impersonation of Joe McCarthy, hot air and
all.

--
Ed Huntress