Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Sorta on topic - Cowboy assault rifle?

On 2/20/2013 5:30 AM, Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 23:42:43 -0600,
wrote:

On 2/19/2013 11:36 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
How old is the Win 94 ? I have a 15 year old one maybe and it was
made before they were shipped overseas to be made. Japan as I recall,
maybe that was only the stock. Odd at that even.

I was cautioned at the time to see. Mine a walnut. Some were hard pine.

Winchester ammo isn't made by Winchester anymore either. :-) such
turn in the industry through the years.

Martin

Sorry! Fingers get away from me some times...
(Like Dr Strangelove in the war room?)

Copy that about the ammo. I was referring to the original 150 grain
Winchester 3030 specs, not necessarily the manufacturer.

I did get a box of Buffalo Bore 190 grain loads tho.
WOW! (gift from D's Dad)

Load 125gr V-Max bullets in the 3030..fine fine load for 2 and 4
legged varmints up to deer size.

the 110-130 flat nosed hollowpoints are scary accurate out of a Marlin
as well

http://www.reloadammo.com/3030load.htm

http://www.shootersforum.com/marlin-...ic-curves.html

Remember..NO pointed bullets in a Lever action..unless they are the
plastic nosed Ballistic tip type slugs..such as the V-Max and a few
others.

Or you load ONLY ONE in the mag and one in the chamber before
firing....

This ain't my first rodeo, Gunner.
I know better than to use pointy bullets in a tube magazine.

And I have no intention (or fantasies) of shooting anything less than
four legs. You really need to get some professional help for that.
(or maybe you did, and it didn't help?)

Unless you are secretly trying to scare people into supporting the
gun control agenda that Washington is pressing.

Unintended Consequences, you know?

The forum that your link pointed to seems a bit off to me

Who in their right mind would want to chamber a pistol round in a saddle
gun?