Posted to alt.electronics
Computer Nerd Kev[_2_] Computer Nerd Kev[_2_] is offline

Default Monitor Sync Signal in 80s Arcade Machine

On 20 Feb 2013, Ian Field wrote:

If its old, there might be issues with dried out
electrolytic capacitors, but these tend to improve as they
warm up, but check whether there's a coupling electrolytic
between the horizontal driver transformer and the base of
the power transistor.

If the E/W correction starts to go awry at the start of the
problem, the fault may not be confined to the sync system -
observe all the symptoms as a whole and consider which part
of the display unit as a whole could affect all of them.

Thank's, I'll keep that in mind when I finally get around to
looking at the thing. Unfortunately it's something of a
process getting the monitor unit into a visible position.

--
__ __