Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Missouri Dems Introduce Alarming Gun Confiscation Bill

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:43:15 PM UTC-5, Doug Miller wrote:
rangerssuck wrote in

:

[huuuuge snip]

As to the current subject - my understanding is that similar

laws have been in place for quite some time in, at least, NY.

And in Connecticut, too, I believe.

What has been the huge negative result?

Twenty children murdered by a violent nutball because law-abiding adults were prohibited

from carrying weapons that could have been used to defend them.

Oh bull****. Y'know, Doug, for an otherwise intelligent guy, you surely have come up with some asinine remarks in this gun control discussion. There is no part of the law we are discussing here that would have prohibited anyone from carrying a reasonably sized weapon that would have surely, in the hands of someone reasonably skilled at marksmanship, been more than sufficient to stop Lanza.

If it would have taken larger than a ten-shot magazine to do the job, I submit that the "defensive" shooter would not have been aiming carefully or accurately enough to prevent killing even more innocent kids.