Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Fridge discovery

Norminn wrote:
On 2/19/2013 8:43 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Got a new refrigerator. Well, "new" to us, but used*. It is a Yamaha
twin door. Plugged it in the garage to let it cook for a while.

After a bit, the wife observed that the exterior of the panel
separating the freezer from the cooler - where the doors meet - was
quite warm to the touch!

Weird.

"Maybe it's trying to defrost," I ventured.

Anyway, going back into the house, we inspected the same area on our
existing fridge. It, too, was noticeably warm in the same place. (I
say "noticeably" with reservation inasmuch as we hadn't "noticed"
this warm spot in 20 years!)

Idle curiosity urges me to ask if anybody knows what's this all
about? Thanks.

The little heater is to prevent condensation from collecting on the
outside between the doors....should be a setting for "high humidity"
or some such inside to turn the heater on or off )

Good catch. Thanks.