Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default An odd callout

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message news:cP6dnW-

I almost didn't bother with drawings at all, except they've been a
help
for me to get the holes located correctly, and to prove to myself
that
the part can be made to be solid and good looking without custom
molding.

I designed the box with the line drawing feature of the PC board
program, as extra layers on the board artwork
http://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-s...gn-flows/pads/
..
That guaranteed a perfect match between them, which was important for
RF-tight microwave enclosures with many SMA connectors placed wherever
the electronic design rules forced them to be.

This Segway Balance Sensor Assembly was probably the hardest board I
did with the package represented by carefully placed line elements,
because of the angled, sloped daughter boards and poorly defined
three-dimensional clearance restrictions.
http://segwaynz.files.wordpress.com/...segway_bsa.jpg
http://www.smedirectory.net/myfolder...401a___100.jpg

It would have been easier if PADS could correctly import .dxfs from
Solidworks.