Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kristian Ukkonen Kristian Ukkonen is offline

Default An odd callout

On 2/19/2013 1:21, Tim Wescott wrote:
The case is ABS plastic, and the way that I'm making it is to machine the
holes on a mill, but make the 40 degree chamfer with an x-Acto knife.
But the case manufacturer is putting themselves forward to machine the
case for production. I'm going to send them a case with all the bits
installed, but I'd like to send them a drawing that could at least be
construed to be correct in some sense.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Cross-section of the wall will show the angle..
Same "detail" cross-section can be used for all
holes with same dimensions.

It might be easier to make the hole 40 degrees
chamber to all directions - at least, allow that..
I would CNC machine it that way with a circular
cut of a 40 degrees cutter.. If they are cutting it
instead of punching it or such..