Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default Lead shot

Frank Erskine wrote:
Does anyone know of a supply of lead shot no more than, say, 3/32"
diameter pse?

Sounds a little odd, but I want to fill old "sparklets" type bulbs
with lead to make weights for driving clocks.

A fishing tackle shop was suggested, but when I called at one I was
told that lead is banned for angling, and their only "shot" was much
too big to fit into the hole in the bulb.

Solder would be a possibility, but a large proportion of it would be
tin.

TIA -

You can make your own easily enough, especially as the size isn't
critical. Drip molten lead into cold water. Not from a height as they
come out as disks. Wear every sort of protection.

Bill