Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Penny floor

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 05:38:53 -0600, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

When I was a kid we used to glue a sixpence to the pavement and watch
folks trying to pick it up.

Now that was sneaky. (and probably good fun)

One of my brothers could be mischievous at times. He used to tie a
string on an old purse and placed it along to the edge of the road.
Hide in the bushes. When folks reached down to pick up the purse he
would yank on the line. Funny to watch folks jump up into the air or
run away.

Once he put a rubber snake inside the purse with no string. A car
stopped to pick it up. About 30 yards down the road, tail lights lit
up- all four doors opened at the same time and a mass evacuation
ensued... What a hoot. (Thanks for the reminder)