Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Missouri Dems Introduce Alarming Gun Confiscation Bill

On Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:55:18 PM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
GOP_Decline_and_Fall wrote:

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 00:39:09 -0700, Steve from Colorado

(5) In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was

legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person

possessing the assault weapon shall do all of the following:

(a) Safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the

county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to

ensure compliance with this subsection;

"That," the Observation Post says, "is an absolute violation of the

Fourth Amendment. It shouldn't come as any surprise that the people

who come up with these things obviously have no idea what the Fourth

Amendment is."

The 4A isn't license to flout safety regulations and avoid legal

inspections.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses,

papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures,

shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon

probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly

describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be

seized," the Fourth Amendment says.

It's no more an "unreasonable search" than a Health Department

check on a restaurant is.

If the county sheriff doesn't think the "assault" weapon is secure,

it can be confiscated and the person loses the "privilege" of owning

it.

Just as a restaurant can be shut down if in violation of Health and

safety procedures.

The difference is that when you get that license to prepare and serve food

to the public you also agree to adhere to laws and regulations pertaining to

sanitation and cleanliness of the business and that you agree to inspections

to verify compliance with said regulations . When I buy a firearm I give no

such assurances - the only assurance I give is that I have no mental or

legal reasons to have lost my RIGHT to own such items . I give NO permission

to inspect the conditions of storage or use of said firearms . The exception

to that is if and ONLY if I pay the tax to purchase and own an NFA firearm .

There is no provision in the Constitution or Bill of Rights that says I must

have any kind of "license" to own and use firearms . Quite the opposite ,

there are provisions in those documents (supported by writings of those who

framed those documents) to prevent exactly that .

--

Snag

And you don't see anything wrong with that picture? Say, for instance, that your next-door neighbor has built up, quite legally, a huge arsenal. Then something happens that makes him ****ed off enough at you and everyone else around him that he threatens to use that arsenal against you and yours, You'd still be OK with that? No exceptions?