Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Ebay funny of the day

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:40:48 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

http://www.monticello.org/site/jeffe...ment-quotation

A Jefferson quote or not..its still true.

I wondered about that myself, when I saw it in your email yesterday,
but I figured that since it was in email or on the Internet,

It _Must_ Be True.

The giveaway for many of these quips is that, as in this case, it
makes no sense. Jefferson said a lot of provocative things but they
generally made sense.

Think about it: If you never need it for self defense or for the
militia purpose, or any other purpose, other than to prevent it from
being taken away...why would you "need" it in the first place?

Somebody just fell in love with the play on words, and didn't think
about what it means.

Must have been a technical writer. Shrug.

Molon Labe!

From the ancient Greek for "wash your melon." Greek mothers used to
admonish their children to keep their fruit clean...

Leftwingers...dumber than dirt and mentally ill.

From my cold, dead hands.

That's what happens when you don't take care of your circulation. d8-)

See above.

Gunner

--
Ed Huntress