Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Monitoring the signal going into a non-grounded speaker?

Mic Tx and dropper worked well, no difference other than amplitude between
line out and speaker input in normal low colouration amp types (perhaps
10Kdropper for a more powerful amp). I will not be subbing the speaker as
the owner went through the same thinking process as me, thinking the "shape"
switch disabled any type selection.
Not only that but he usually uses this amp flat with no reverb or effects,
with an acoustic bass. To switch out reverb and flanger etc is a matter of
turning the pots fully ACW in this DSP amp. He did the same with amp type
following the same reasoning (plus shape off) but ACW selects the octave
bass , an effect rather than colouration and the source of the non existent
problem.