Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default OT - of interest to senior members

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 13:21:51 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
tim..... wrote:
I never understand the attitude of pensioners who insist on living in
poverty in a million pound house, (and then complain about it!)

My house is far larger than I now need - but it is my investment to pay
for decent care if I ever need it. Selling it and buying somewhere smaller
then investing the balance doesn't seem like a good idea in these times.

I'm sure you've done the sums but I would expect you so save on bills,
council tax etc in a smaller house.

House prices have been static in many areas so you may not be getting
a better return than selling/investing.

--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?