Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Reginald I. Perrin Reginald I. Perrin is offline

Default Replace DVD loader in Samsung HT-DS400

The HT-DS400 Home Theatre system from Samsung is about a decade old.
The DVD loader that is part of it has become unreliable, rejecting as
"No Disc" all manner of decent items. It never was a great loader, and
now it is sadly diminished. I see on ebay that I can purchase for
around $40 (including postage) an exact replacement, part number AH59-
01354A, but I am wondering if something that starts out as more
competent (and maybe cheaper) could fit in the same spot?

Failing that, might it help to clean the optics or lubricate anywhere?
The inside of the case is amazingly clear of dust, considering the
unit's age.

If that goes well, I would replace the fan with a more modern, silent
fan, and end up with a machine worth maybe $50. A labour of love?

Thanks to all.

RIP