Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry[_5_] Sjouke Burry[_5_] is offline

Default "strange" potentiometer sub

"N_Cook" wrote in :

Sjouke Burry s@b wrote in message
2.10...
wrote in
:

Hi all,
I'm repairing an old italian stereo amplifier and the volume dual
potentiometer is scratchy beyond any hope. I tried cleaning it and
then also dismantled it but the carbon part is too much ruined with
several pits. Also the two channels doesn't really track anymore,
having large differences in resistances in almost all positions.
The problem is that these potentiometers (47Kohm) have an extra
fourth contact which is at fixed position at 10K from one end. It's
the first time I see such a potentiometer with fixed divider. Does
anyone know how to source a suitable replacement?
Thanks in advance and best regards

Frank IZ8DWF

Use an ordinairy stereopot of ~100k, and use 2 resistors, 80K and
10k, in parallel to simulate the tap. That should do it.

would it ?

cut
Yes.