Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

"Jim K" wrote in message
On 18 Feb, 20:51, "Rod Speed" wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

On 18 Feb, 19:07, "Rod Speed" wrote:
Jim K wrote

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Jim K wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Jim K wrote
Just because it has an alarm company name
on it doesn't mean it's being monitored either.
but it is a possibility...... "Wickes" is a guarantee it won;t
be.......
The only one they appear to sell at the moment has no markings
on the box at all. Certainly not 'Wicks' in bold writing. So if
you
really are concerned, get going with your letraset...
I have not even looked, nor am I concerned, but
I would hope by now you understand the tenet.
I know what you're on about, but judging any alarm
by what it does or doesn't say on the bell box seems
to me a very flawed way of deciding things.
Put even simpler:- anything from e.g. a Screwfix catalogue on a
house
wall, will de-facto not be being professionally monitored period.

So get a clue and get one of those used by the pros
off ebay if only as a dummy to make it look like it's a
house with a professionally monitored alarm system.

Corse it wouldn't work for Dave, even the stupidest
burglar that does recognise the box or the name
you have put on it will realise that no one who
'lives' in a hovel like that would ever be able to
afford the professionally monitored alarm system.

It would be better if companies removed such things
when their contract ended - but of course they don't.
er...so the crims can spot un-alarmed properties more easily??

Yes, he actually is that stupid.
I wont be bothering to reply in this thread again,

Great, there is only so much of your mindless
silly **** anyone should have to put up with.

Wrong again. Its much more likely to be more childish lying.

You're the one just caught lying.