Posted to alt.home.repair
croy croy is offline

Default GE Microwave

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:44:42 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 10:32:09 -0800, croy
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 10:33:35 -0500, Alton Browne
wrote:

http://www.whirlpool.com/-[WMH75520AW]-1021232/WMH75520AW/

Neither of those are equipped with probes for cooking by
temperature of the food.

Does anyone actually use those?

I do, about half of the times I use the MW. More often than
not, just to heat liquid to a particular temp. It doesn't
matter what temp the liquid is to start with, how much there
is, or exactly what the liquid is--I just punch in the temp
I want, and wait for the bell.

Does anyone actually use microwave ovens for cooking?

The wife still eats potatoes and popcorn, and those cook
well in the MW. Of course you could argue that's not
cooking, but rather just heating.

I'm actually having trouble thinking of any real cooking
that I do in the MW--mostly just heating things up to a nice
eating temp. I used to scramble eggs and cook them in the
MW, but not anymore--it's just to rude to the fats in the
yolks.

--
croy