Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Ford F250 Starter problem

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:02:20 -0600, dpb wrote:

On 2/17/2013 11:58 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:41:50 -0800,

They probably had 4 million SAE bolts that needed a home and this was
a good place to put it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Working off inventory or something.

Some 25 million 3800-series were produced--hardly think as small an item
as a few random fasteners would have lead to designing around them
rather than designing the assembly first.

Not to mention the concept of JIT supply chain...

I'm sure there was a reason, but it's undoubtedly more convolved in its
origins than the above as to why.

What I didn't realize until just now is that the 3800 has been
discontinued from production since '08 (which shows how long it's been
since looked at anything newer w/ any thoroughness). I knew the Enclave
has a different engine, but figured that wasn't surprising since it's
not a sedan/coupe had assumed the LaCrosse, etc., were still using it or
a later revision--but obviously not.

Are you speaking about the old Buick 90-deg. V6? That sucker had a
long run. It came out in '61 or '62, as a light-truck engine.

--
Ed Huntress