Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

In article
,
Jim K wrote:
On 17 Feb, 14:42, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
Jim K wrote:

Just because it has an alarm company name on it doesn't mean it's
being monitored either.
but it is a possibility...... "Wickes" is a guarantee it won;t
be.......

The only one they appear to sell at the moment has no markings on the
box at all. Certainly not 'Wicks' in bold writing. So if you really
are concerned, get going with your letraset...

I have not even looked, nor am I concerned, but I would hope by now you
understand the tenet.

I know what you're on about, but judging any alarm by what it does or
doesn't say on the bell box seems to me a very flawed way of deciding
things. It would be better if companies removed such things when their
contract ended - but of course they don't.

--
*A person who smiles in the face of adversity probably has a scapegoat *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.