Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default computer trojan destroys hard drives

"Stormin Mormon" writes:

Sleeve of DVD costs about $25 and has 450 gb of space. Totally unable to
corrupted by a virus or trojan that comes along later. What does a 450 gb
external drive cost? Can it get a trojan later, and die like my two external
drives?

Still the top posting idiot.
Can't you see that everyone else is carrying on in the approved manner?
I think you're hitting on the LSD too hard.

So, what kind of measure is "sleeve"?

Sounds like about 10, since your normal DVD is 4.5G.
How many DVDs have you used so far?
I hope you're not using re-writable, because they don't read back
worth a damn.

I'd really enjoy backing up my 100G of music files on
25 DVDs, I can't think of a better way to spend a few hours.

Buy a 1 Terrabyte USB disk drive for $75 and schedule automatic
backups every night without manual intervention.
Buy 2 if you insist on taking one of them off-site.

But go ahead, continue to try to convince us that optical media is
the way to go.

BTW, a virus didn't "destroy" your drive.

--
Dan Espen