Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Panasonic Inverter Microwave

On 2/17/2013 2:49 PM, Steve Kraus wrote:
...shuts off after 3 seconds. I understand it automatically does this if
it detects that it's not working. So if it's not the door safety switches
which seems to be a common point of failure on these, it's got to be either
the magnetron or the inverter. Anyway to tell which? I doubt either is
worth bothering with but I'd still be curious.

Can't help with the 3 second shutoff, but ours has to have the door
slammed shut just right to get the interlock mechanism to work.

Paul