Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Game Changer!!

On 2/17/2013 12:04 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/17/13 7:18 AM, Amy Guarino wrote:
On Feb 16, 4:52 pm, -MIKE- wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ultratechvideo

Freakin AMAZING!!!
1st thing I'd do with it is coat all my spraying equipment.

--

-MIKE-

The obvious question that wasn't addressed (in that video, anyway),
is, how long does it last? Presumably all of those demonstrations were
done right after the treatment. What about after it's used awhile?

Tru-dat!
I remember using scotch-guard the first time and it was amazing... for
about a month.

For certain applications, like finish spray guns, it would be worth it
even if you had to apply it every time. Now, I suspect it lasts quite a
bit longer than that. But even if you had to reapply it every month, can
you imagine how much time you'd save by not having to clean spray
equipment?

I found that scotch guard still works well years later, it does not
repel as it did when new but clean up of a spill is still quite easy.
Spills do not seem to soak in and stain.

How about RainX on the windshield, works well for a few weeks, I found
that wax on the windshield works at least as good.