Posted to uk.d-i-y
Windmill[_3_] Windmill[_3_] is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

"Rod Speed" writes:

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 16/02/2013 18:37, Rod Speed wrote:

The risk with the antibiotics isnt the residual antibiotic, its what
antibiotic resistant bacteria is in the food as a result of the use
of the antibiotics.

No it isn't.
the risk is that the small does of antibiotic you consume in the food
will lead to a resistant bacteria.

Funny old things, antibiotics. I recently had 7 weeks of the buggers to
shift an infection that got into my leg. The doc had to keep giving them
to me to ensure that every last trace of the infection had gone.
Apparently, this is why they tell you that you must complete the course,
even if what you are trying to fix appears to have cleared up, because if
you don't kill it all, what's left mutates, and becomes resistant to the
antibiotic that you were using,

It already was to some extent because it took longer to kill
those that survived the less that full dose of the antibiotic.

so you then have to start again with a different one ... :-(

And if most don't bother to complete the course, we end up
with all of them resistant to all the antibiotics used and then
the **** really hits the fan.

Which is exactly what is happening now.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l