Posted to uk.d-i-y
Windmill[_3_] Windmill[_3_] is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

"Arfa Daily" writes:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 16/02/2013 18:37, Rod Speed wrote:

The risk with the antibiotics isnt the residual antibiotic, its what
antibiotic resistant bacteria is in the food as a result of the use
of the antibiotics.

No it isn't.
the risk is that the small does of antibiotic you consume in the food will
lead to a resistant bacteria.

Funny old things, antibiotics. I recently had 7 weeks of the buggers to
shift an infection that got into my leg. The doc had to keep giving them to
me to ensure that every last trace of the infection had gone. Apparently,
this is why they tell you that you must complete the course, even if what
you are trying to fix appears to have cleared up, because if you don't kill
it all, what's left mutates, and becomes resistant to the antibiotic that
you were using, so you then have to start again with a different one ...
:-(

And what is worse, they're running out of 'different ones' which still
work.
They say that antibiotic resistance can even be spread from one type of
bacterium to another.

Strange thing is that they knew about resistance 50 years ago, but
didn't ensure that it was generally understood by patients.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m