Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

"Bill" wrote in message
In message , ARW
writes

Drunken teens arriving home at 3am and forgetting the code for the
alarm?

:-) It happens.

Not only drunken teenagers!

I arrived at work on Saturday to let a handyman in and opened the doors,
walked to the alarm panel and my mind went totally blank. I just said to
the guy, get out, it's about to get very noisy. Most embarrassing :-)

We saw the hilarious situation where a mate of mine had set up
an alarm system on a system at work, not about burglars, just for
system failure and flooding etc, which rang a series of numbers
with a voice synthesised message.

When it did flood, he called him fine. But he couldn't understand
what it was saying and it wasn't even obvious to him that it was
the alarm system calling, even when it kept calling repeatedly.

He ended up calling the cops and telling them that he was
getting malicious calls.

We never let him live that one down.