Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Dim a Sawzall

"Oren" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:06:15 -0600, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

On 2/16/13 4:39 PM, John C wrote:

That would cost $$. If the cheapo was willing to spend a few bucks he
would do it right like a man and buy one of these

http://pecannutbusters.com/

That's not going to happen.

Yeahbut. Where's the fun in buying a pre-made nutcracker?
Men don't climb Mt. Everest to see what's there.

LOL

After the video there is another link selection. A nut cracker that
uses a 1/2 inch drill. A smaller unit.

What ever happened to the days when a man cracked two pecans at once
in a cliched fist?

When I look at the $15,000 models, my mind starts thinking, and I'm sure I
could cobble together one for a few hundred bucks that would work just fine.
And, there's nothing wrong with cracking pecans with your hands. It's just
tiring with thousands of pounds of them.

I remembered that there is a SawZall with a variable speed (IIRC, and it
wasn't a dream), and that could be altered to work. I just need about 1/8"+
of contact with the ends of the nuts to crack them. Shelling and cleaning
them will be the fun part to the project. That, and figuring out how to
make them fall into a straight line, but I already got that solved.

Steve

Steve