Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

Default Genset voltage reg: capacitor vs. AVR

"Existential Angst" wrote in message

Part of my Q was a suspicion that an AVR proly regulates voltage
more tightly, but perhaps at the expense of raw current flow. Iow,
I might get "better" juice, just less of it. Just wondering.....
--
EA

For lower power demands a high-end APC SmartUPS can regulate the AC
output if the line goes high or low. I got one free with bad, swollen
batteries. It works without them, or with external batteries plugged
into the rear connector.
http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/A...8L9X_R0_EN.pdf