Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ford F250 Starter problem

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 08:46:54 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 20:24:39 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

BUT, I was referring to a simple addition to the range bag.
Something
like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HandScrapers.jpg
I have the triangular type (alas, with near-zero experience), but
I've
seen them used to good effect.

I have nowhere near the skill and training (or interest) to be a
gunsmith. I've read some books on it but took away only what I could
use in building lab instruments.

Scrapers like that generally require small work to be held in a solid
bench vise, which is way too much to lug around. The closest thing I
have in the car is a triangular needle file to sharpen pruning saw
teeth.

The vise is another guy's strong hands. g But I grok what you say.

I can free a stuck car with a big lever as long as I have a
sharp saw to cut it. Do you remember what I posted about piling rocks
around the wheel so they would fall in the hole when the wheel is
raised?

Oh, yes. I've used sand, but rocks would be much better.

--
If government were a product,
selling it would be illegal.