Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default computer trojan destroys hard drives

On 2/16/2013 12:20 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 08:12:44 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

On 2/16/2013 6:44 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'm sorry that happened to you, but what are the odds of me having a desk
top drive and two external drives from the same batch? Not in my life time.
Why not go with my explaination which is that I picked up a malware trojan
that destroyed my drives? Is that answer unacceptable for some reason?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

There was news about two weeks or so ago, about a really bad virus
hiding out in one of the universally used software thingies....Java? I
didn't bother with it because my computer is mechanically sick anyway
and whatever is out there has always been snagged by my friend, Norton.
My former family of computer professionals (four of them) each, at
some time or another, sent me a virus which Norton caught. They all
claimed Norton was junk, but I'm happy with it. Looking for a 'puter
not made in China. My first was a Micron, gift from my brother, with
quality we'll never see again.

Norton IS a virus!!!

Microsoft tried for a long time to make it so Nort didn't work...had to
fiddle with Win3.1 or 95 to keep it active. I don't know how many times
I had to fiddle with the Windows kernel problem to make my happy little
PC work, but finally, with the second version of Win95, MS finally got a
decent piece of software.....it would do anything, including keep open
20 windows of graphics stuff without hanging or crashing. Of course, MS
wouldn't make enough money unless it cranked out crap every couple of
years, so along came 2000. So sad that Micron had to give up pc mfg to
the cheapsters, as it was a wonderful pc.

Badmouth Norton all you want....haven't had a virus in 19 years of pc
use. Of course, using Netscape helped that matter a lot. RIP.