Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,ca.driving
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Do you know of engineering papers for what people call brakerotor 'warp'?

On Feb 16, 9:18*pm, Joe Mastroianni wrote:
On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 19:55:59 -0600, Vic Smith wrote:
But here's what makes me believe that rotors CAN warp.
And I'm not NOT saying that it the cause of most brake pulsation.

I should clearly state that I too believe rotors CAN warp!

However, what MOST people "call" warp, isn't warp at all.
It's merely brake judder.
Which, as we've seen from the dozen papers, can be caused by a LOT
of things. And, as shown by the industry advertising anyway, most
of the time it's NOT warp.

Plus, how would anyone know it's warp if they didn't measure the
rotors on the bench, as that's the ONLY way to tell a warped rotor
(as far as I can tell).

my caravan carries a lot of weight, and the pads wear out

Used to be garages demanded we turn the rotors, in my application they
would warp fast.

so now i just buy new rotors any time the pads get replaced.

my neighbor a highly skilled guy does lots of my vehicle repairs,
sadly i must find someone new.

he is a smoker and has lung cancer stage 4......

he is a good hard working guy i will miss him